Please follow the instructions below for returns.
- Please do not remove tags.
- Please do not remove any tape sealing your product if it is present.
- We cannot accept returns for items that have been used / tried on (this makes them second-hand and cannot sell them to customers as ‘new’ items).
- We accept that you might change your mind, but please do so within 14 days and return the product within 30 days as per above instructions.
- Once seals and tags are removed we cannot accept items as returns.
Our Advice Before You Chose a Product
Sometimes we change our minds about things we’ve bought, but it’s only fair that we explain that some items do not qualify for refunds. You can read the excerpt below from The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 regarding bespoke items and the types of items we only refund or replace if faulty.
Please be very sure about measuring your dog and if unsure please ask me for advice as orders that are the wrong size where the customer is asked to measure their dog may not qualify for a refund.
All returns must include your name, address, order number, reason for return and whether you prefer a refund or replacement (if offered).
We are happy to deal with return enquiries, but please, before you consider leaving a negative review, ask us to rectify the problem for you to your satisfaction. We are here to help.
Address for returns:
Meg Heath Bespoke Leads
1 Metheringham Heath, Nocton, Lincoln. LN4 2AJ.
Tel: 01522 810150
When an item cannot be returned
The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
Exceptions to the right to cancel (refunds)
13.—(1) Unless the parties have agreed otherwise, the consumer will not have the right to cancel the contract by giving notice of cancellation pursuant to regulation 10 in respect of contracts—
(c) for the supply of goods made to the consumer’s specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly
We will clearly identify items on our site that are custom-made (consumer’s specifications as identified in section 13, sub section (c) above). We regret that these items do not qualify for a refund unless they are faulty.
List of items not eligible for return unless faulty:
- Any item not listed on the site that is made to a customers specification.
- Leads with seized trigger hooks. All triggers are oiled pre-despatch so we know they work when they leave here.
- Fleece padded Simple Leader Head Collars.
- Any product with brass O rings or brass circle chains (as these are ordered in especially for you).
If an item is faulty please contact us. We will reimburse your return postage to the maximum of £3.50. We do not refund chewed leads, but I will be happy to mend anything within reason (I cannot stitch dirty webbing unfortunately, sorry). If stitching comes undone, we will replace these as long as they have been subject to general wear and tear (they will be inspected and a decision made.)
Items returned as unwanted or incorrectly ordered will be subject to a 20% deduction and postage at customers cost. In the case of wrong sizes, we strongly recommend that you check your dogs sizes if you are in any doubt please enquire as to whether your chosen product is suitable. In the case of long lines, please check you have ordered the right size & length. Make sure you know your lengths, for example feet vs metres.
Unfortunately we cannot accept returns for items that have been worn. We inspect all returns when they come back as ‘unwanted’ and if we think that there is evidence a product has been worn and then returned, unfortunately it will be returned to yourself at your cost.
The date of receipt will be from when your item was signed for.